Junior Data Analyst
As Junior Data Analyst in our Sydney office, you are part of a multi-disciplinary team managing research projects from A to Z, from initial set-up to assisting in preparing client-ready deliverables. You will support projects for cool and progressive companies across a number of categories (including both local and global brands).
Within your team you will be working closely with a Senior Analytics Manager and will support data analysis, data management and reporting. To do this, you will learn to manage and process data in various ways, from manipulating data in analytical tools, to table reporting and charting. Together with other consultants in the team, you dig into the project in search of the most important findings.
You will be mentored by more senior members of the team, with opportunities to learn a range of statistical and analytical techniques which can be applied to the work we do with clients to help solve their business questions.
You will support more senior members of the team who will guide, coach and teach you the tools of the trade – taking raw data from it’s most basic form, setting it up for analysis and ultimately reporting to some of our largest clients.
- Quality Control: You will learn how to ensure we work with great quality data by running data checks on raw data to ensure quality of technical survey implementation. You do this by visual scanning the dataset and data manipulation where needed.
- Research Document Development: You will learn how to work with other consultant to prepare client deliverables for some of Australia’s largest businesses and brands
- Data handling: We will teach you to manage datasets and prepare them for further analyses (data cleaning, restructuring and reweighting).
- Desk Research: You actively participate in desk research as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree e.g. Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a similar degree
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Experience working with large quantitative datasets (either in the workforce or as part of your recent studies)
- Proven experience either in the workforce or as part of your recent studies in Excel (including macro development) and experience working in SPSS, Q, R, SAS or any other statistical program
- Australian working rights
- Fascinated by data and numbers, analytical mind set
- Communicative and structured
- Flexible and proactive
- Customer service minded, with an open attitude
- A genuine team player, eager to learn
- Last but not least, fun to work with