Data Analyst (Statistician)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Within your team you are responsible for data quality, analyses and charting. You manage the project from an analytical point-of view. To do this, you process data in various ways, from manipulating data in analytical tools, to automate report charting. Together with the consultant team, you dig into the project in search of the most important findings.
Together with senior members of the team you analyze and report on more complex and technical challenging projects. As you’re getting familiar with our processes, you will have the opportunity to guide and coach junior colleagues.
- Quality Control: You run data checks on raw data to ensure quality of technical survey implementation. You do this by interrogating the dataset and data manipulation where needed.
- Data handling: You manage datasets and prepare them for further analyses (data cleaning, restructuring and reweighting).
- Analyses and charting: You are in the lead for analyzing and charting quantitative surveys. You also correctly interpret technical briefings to create basic table reporting with the appropriate tools. You take full ownership in running descriptive univariate analyses and chart results based on a concrete briefing. Finally, you analyze and report simple qualitative research plug-ins.
- Proposal assistance: You take care of project sampling and make recommendations for proposals.
- Software: You review relevant software and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics. Any extra degree in a similar field is an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Broad research industry knowledge
- Proficient in SAS, SPSS, Q, R, Python, Stata or other statistical packages
- Outstanding analytical expertise
- Strong statistical and logic skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional aptitude for data analysis and automation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions