Senior Data Consultant - London office partner
InSites Consulting is an international, innovative market research agency that works for many well-known global brands and takes research forward every day of the year. As a growing company, we are already present in 9 countries, and we will keep expanding in the coming years. Our team in Timisoara is the beating heart of project implementation within InSites Consulting! This is where all marketing research projects are being implemented and managed on an operational level, from technical development of research platforms and panel recruitment to quality checks, data analysis and overall project planning. We are continuously looking for passionate graduates as well as experienced professionals, who are ready to pop their career.
As Senior Data Consultant you are considered part of 2 teams. You will be a senior member of Project Services: a multi-disciplinary team managing research projects from A to Z, from initial set-up to preparing client-ready deliverables; as well as a member of the Consultant Services Team: A client-facing team that delivers reports and recommendations. You will work on projects for exciting companies such as Sony, Viacom & BBC as well as a broader selection of industries in FMCG & tech.
Within your team you are responsible for consultative analyses and reporting. You manage the project from an analytical point-of view, with an emphasis on providing critical thinking on the first results and research implications. To do this, you process data in various ways, from manipulating data in analytical tools, to table reporting, charting, as well as writing conclusions and partnering with consultants to craft the full research report. Together with the consultant team, you dig into the project in search of the most important findings and summarize those in compelling reports.
A key word to describe the London team is ‘supportive empowerment’ –they provide you with the tools & techniques to develop consultative skills (like critical thinking / writing full reports / end-client management / & presenting if you so wish), but also the trust and responsibility to work with an increasing amount of autonomy as you develop as well.
Together with the consultant team based in London, you’ll be performing marketing projects based on extensive quantitative market research data, working closely with the Research Managers of our London office.
A 3 STAGE CAREER PATH
- Stage 1: Data Analyst: The basics (advanced DA skills already required):
Data analysis (incl. data cleaning & handling) and full reporting (table reporting + charting). Based on gathered market research data, you conduct analyses & charting
- Stage 2: Senior Data Specialist (to be further developed on the job):
Partnering with consultants & research managers to think critically about the data, develop clever analysis plans, provide advice on interesting data splits, co-design insightful reports with actionable recommendations that support our clients in their strategic decision-making processes.
You work closely with senior colleagues who will coach and train you directly; you are in close contact with UK consultants to deliver high value content and services. On key moments you are present in face-to-face meetings.
- Stage 3: Senior Data Consultant:
In a third stage, your responsibilities will be broadened to taking up a project management role as well, including the complete set-up, organization and execution of market research studies. You build experience and gradually become responsible for complete methodologies (e.g. sampling, survey design etc.).
On top of being present in face-to-face meetings & when ready, will be given the opportunity to present results.
You will also responsible for training the junior DA’ers in the team, to pass on your advice & guidance & delegate relevant tasks between you all.
- You will gain experience and knowledge in a broad range of marketing domains, both within the projects you are involved in and within training.
- While doing so, you gradually are onboarded in direct client communication and become co-responsible for managing the client relation.
- Bachelor’s degree e.g. Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a similar study
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis
- Strong interest in market research and knowledge of quantitative research techniques
- Proven experience working in analytical / statistical programmes (eg SPSS, R, Matlab, SAS, etc.)
- Proven experience in charting and building compelling reports.
- Fascinated by data and numbers, analytical mind set
- Communicative and structured
- Flexible and proactive
- Customer service minded, with an open attitude
- A genuine team player, eager to learn
- Last but not least, fun to work with 😉.
Willing to work from our London office on few occasions (+- 5d every 2 months) (COVID PERMITTING)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At InSites Consulting, we care about people and offer many opportunities to learn and grow. Join our young & diverse team of amazing people and make your career POP!
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Flexible working hours, fit to your schedule
- Occasional remote working possible, thanks to our adapted technologies
- All-in health plan
- Easy access to sports, facilitated and co-paid by the company
- Elaborate induction training & regular online training tracks
- Modern IT & workspace equipment
- A senior coach helps you grow within the company
- Extra vacation days
- Very cool modern office space
- Central location, close to the university
- Unlimited (very good!) coffee, tea, soda and sparkling water
- Fresh fruit on Mondays, fresh soup on Wednesdays
- Massage chair to relax your muscles
- Relaxing area with Xbox, ping pong table and foosball table
- Regular themed parties & teambuilding activities
- Happy moments celebrated
- International teambuilding every 1,5 years
- Sharpen your English skills thanks to the international team
- Company closing between Christmas and New Year