Junior Test Engineer
WHO WE ARE & WHY YOU SHOULD CARE?
InSites Consulting is listed as one of the top 10 most innovative marketing research agencies in the world. We are a crazy blend of academic visionaries, research innovators and IT developers who are determined to take market research forward every day and bringing a sense of 'coolness' to it. Although we are not a hard-core tech company (yet), owned innovative technology that will drive future growth of InSites Consulting is at the heart of our strategy. A growing share of our passionate 500+ colleagues (i.e. Developers, QA, Product Owners) is directly contributing to this, as we do take our mission to develop state of the art proprietary platforms & tools goddamn serious. That’s where you come in!
Junior Test Engineer
YOUR ROLE & CONTEXT
As Test Engineer - at InSites often referred to as Quality Assurance or QA too - you become part of an agile Squad in the growing Platform Innovation Team (part of Assets). Squads are currently mainly based in our Ghent (Belgium) and Timisoara (Romania) office and meet up at least once a year. You and the cross-functional team will further strengthen & innovate our platforms and by doing so directly impact our business on a global scale. Your Squad focuses on two main activities. The first is all about understanding a business or user problem and finding appropriate solutions (discovery, by Functional Analyst). The second activity is about the development of these solutions and ensuring top notch quality (delivery, by Developers & QA). You are involved in both activities, but it is your key responsibility to (1) ensure that only high-quality new features are delivered and to (2) be the quality gatekeeper of the entire platform via the service desk.
The platform you will be working on is the Consumer Consulting Square. A ‘Square’ is a closed, online and mobile first community that establishes a long-term relationship between interesting and interested consumers at one hand with a brand and researchers at the other hand. To ensure that participating in our market research studies ‘doesn’t feel like research’, we constantly look for inspiration & best practices from some of the most popular social media in the world. At this moment, we have set-up 400+ Square platforms in 25 languages among 100K unique users.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You are extremely motivated to join the Assets & Platform Innovation tribe
- You try to anticipate on any (Testing) issues before new features are being developed
- Once new features are in development, you write thorough Testing plans and scenarios that validate functional requirements and acceptance criteria. You look beyond the happy path
- Together with your Test Engineer colleagues, you manage the more holistic regression Test scenario to ensure stability of existing features and the platform at any time
- You perform manual Testing in an independent, time efficient way
- You perform automated (UI) Testing(in Selenium) and are motivated to learn & grow in this area
- You track and report quality problems/bugs in a detailed and structured way
- You suggest solutions for identified quality problems/bugs
- You determine the root cause of recurrent quality problems/bugs and provide advice
- You prioritize bugs depending on severity
- You proactively communicate and collaborate with the Developers & Functional Analyst several times per day
- You come up with solutions to overcome Test planning issues within the Squad. You take initiative to deal with your over and under capacity
- Together with your Test Engineer colleagues,you are giving support in the service desk to help stakeholders (colleagues or clients) who experience platform issues
- You identify quality assurance and delivery bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement
- Some experience in software development / software Testing / QA
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- You are familiar with scrum & other agile practices
- You are familiar with online market research methods & tools
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS) and SQL is a plus
- Service desk experience is a plus
Your key competences
- You have an eye for detail
- You are a technical person
- You’re an excellent, proactive communicator
- You're a team player
- You are a true problem solver
- You can empathize with a wide variety of end users
- You’re a fast & eager learner
- Helping colleagues and clients who experience platform issues makes you happy
- You are proud of your work
- Last but not least: you are fun to work with 😉!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at InSites Consulting is working in a cool office where lots of things happen. You’re part of an informal, flat and flexible culture with plenty of chances for personal development and learning opportunities. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So from time to time we have to let off some steam, that’s why fun is an essential part of our culture!Applyapply later