Research Director | + 10 yrs
As Research Director within our Sydney office you will be part of a team of passionate analysts and research consultants who bring the voice of consumers into our client’s board room. You will be responsible for the commercial development of the client by proactively leading data analytics and business model development to support building commercial outcomes from an ongoing tracking program.
Your primary focus will be supporting customer insights generated from our data sets for the client, working and mentoring the data analysts within the team, to proactively support the client’s business strategy in a data led way by modeling impacts on key business KPIs within the tracking data set. This will often require a granular approach for the client. You will be comfortable with advanced statistics and able to work manage multiple projects simultaneously. At all times, you take appropriate action to continually exceed customer expectations and delivering first-class client service experience.
Thanks to your in-depth industry expertise, you are able to build a long-term partnership with your client, providing them with actionable & advanced marketing recommendations which have an impact on their decision-making and leverage their business. You develop insights within a wide range of marketing domains primarily through marketing science including attribution modeling, structural equation modeling amongst other approaches. You will be comfortable being hands on in data and equally comfortable presenting the outcomes and recommendations to the client at a senior level. You understand the importance of customer experience and brand equity in today’s competitive service market and bring a depth of experience from consulting across service industries.
As part of a team you share your Technology & Services marketing expertise with your colleagues. You act as a source of inspiration and actively develop and support internal knowledge transfer. Moreover, you apply your coaching skills to motivate and guide project teams.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of the ongoing tracking program ensuring that our data analysis brings quality recommendations informed by strong analytics using marketing and data science approaches
- Extract, deliver and communicate clear actions based on hard quantitative evidence in a stakeholder friendly way (i.e. someone who may not be comfortable with advanced statistics)
- Presenting recommendations to the client and animating creative client workshops where, together with the client team, you transform insights and recommendations into a specific action plan
- Outbound proactive client contact and follow-up
- Preparing quarterly and annual forecasts for the development territory served
- Developing & delivering convincing proposals to customers
- Master’s degree in a marketing (research) related branch
- 10+ years’ experience in a strategic market(ing) research role with a specific focus on Technology and Services research
- Strong business development skills with proven success
- Good understanding of the market research industry and research methodologies
- Relevant experience in a research agency, consulting firm or client-side role
- Fluent in English, verbal as well as written
- High level of capability in R, excel, SPSS, Q
- Capability to build data models and support junior team members build modeling expertise
- Australian working rights
Your key competences
- Entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision & focus
- High level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership and coaching qualities
- Confident in front of senior clients
- Active listening and critical thinking skills
Joining InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture. On top of this we offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.