Junior Data Analyst
Johannesburg, South Africa
InSites Consulting is an international, innovative market research agency that works for many well-known global brands and takes research forward every day of the year. As a growing company, we are already present in 9 countries, and we will keep expanding in the coming years. Our team in Johannesburg is part of the beating heart of project implementation within InSites Consulting! This is where all marketing research projects are being implemented and managed on an operational level, from technical development of research platforms and panel recruitment to quality checks, data analysis and overall project planning.
Junior Data Analyst
As Data Analyst you are a member of Project Services, based in Johannesbrug: a multi-disciplinary team managing research projects from A to Z, from initial set-up to preparing client-ready deliverables. You will support projects for cool companies such as MultiChoice, Old Mutual, FNB and Beiersdorf.
Within your team you are responsible for analyses and charting. You manage the project from an analytical point-of view. To do this, you process data in various ways, from manipulating data in analytical tools, to table reporting and charting. Together with the consultant team, you dig into the project in search of the most important findings.
You support senior members of the team in analyzing and reporting more complex and technical challenging projects. As you’re getting familiar with our processes, you will have the opportunity to guide and coach junior colleagues.
- Quality Control: You run data checks on raw data to ensure quality of technical survey implementation. You do this by visually scanning the dataset and data manipulation where needed.
- Data handling: You manage datasets and prepare them for further analyses (data cleaning, restructuring and reweighting).
- Analyses and charting: You are in the lead for analyzing and charting surveys. You also correctly interpret technical briefings to create basic table reporting with the appropriate tools. You take full ownership in running descriptive univariate analyses and chart results based on a concrete briefing. Finally, you analyze and report simple qualitative research plug-ins.
- Proposal assistance: You take care of project sampling and make recommendations for proposals.
- Software: You review relevant software and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics. Any extra degree in a similar field is an asset.
- +/-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Broad research industry knowledge
- Proficient in SAS, SPSS, Q, R, Python, Stata or other statistical packages
- Outstanding analytical expertise
- Strong statistical and logic skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional aptitude for data analysis and automation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions
Joining InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture!Applyapply later