Junior Data Analyst
Johannesburg, South Africa
We are an eclectic blend of conceptual visionaries, passionate marketers and research innovators who are determined to take marketing research forward every day. We bring a sense of 'coolness' to research like no-one else. While we believe in digital more than anyone else, technology does not solve problems, people do. Our award-winning community solution (the Square) is the most versatile in the market and delivers better, faster and cheaper consumer insights.
InSites Consulting is an international, innovative market research agency that works for many well-known global brands and takes research forward every day of the year. As a growing company, we are already present on 5 different continents, and we will keep expanding in the coming years.
We are continuously looking for passionate graduates as well as experienced professionals, who are ready to pop their career.
Junior Data Analyst (Statistician)
As Junior Data Analyst you are a member Project Services: a multi-disciplinary team managing research projects from A to Z, from initial set-up to preparing client-ready deliverables. You will support projects for cool companies such as FNB, MultiChoice, Beiersdorf, Old Mutual and MRP.
You will be the first person in line to set-up research and activation platforms: you manage and engage research participants and offer support with technical tasks to set-up research platforms. Next to that, you support senior members of the team in a wide variety of tasks.
Through our internal training program, we will get you up to speed on all aspects of the job. The role is a perfect fit for young graduates as this role will allow you to discover your strengths. Depending on your skills and interests, you can gradually evolve towards a project manager, data analyst or technical specialist and grow your career with us.
- Technical set-up and implementation: You are responsible for the technical set-up of research and activation platforms. Next to that, you prepare the technical programming of surveys.
- Recruitment and data collection: You manage research participants (from selecting to inviting them) and are responsible for controlling quality and optimizing participant experience.
- Content, analyses and reporting: You assist in quality control by running data checks on raw data to ensure quality of technical survey implementation. Besides that, you assist the data analyst in preparing datasets for further analyses, and in charting and reporting.
- Quality Control: You run data checks on raw data to ensure quality of technical survey implementation. You do this by visual scanning the dataset and data manipulation where needed.
- Data handling: You manage datasets and prepare them for further analyses (data cleaning, restructuring and reweighting).
- Analyses and visualization: You are in the lead for analyzing and charting surveys. You also correctly interpret technical briefings to create basic table reporting with the appropriate tools. You take full ownership in running descriptive univariate analyses and chart results based on a concrete briefing. Finally, you analyze and report simple qualitative research plug-ins.
- Proposal assistance: You take care of project sampling and make recommendations for proposals.
- Software: You review relevant software and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a similar study
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Strong interest in market research and managing data
- A first working experience will give you a head start!
- Communicative and structured
- Flexible and proactive
- Customer service minded, with an open attitude
- A genuine team player, eager to learn
- Last but not least, fun to work with 😉.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At InSites Consulting, we care about people and offer many opportunities to learn and grow. Join our young & diverse team of amazing people and make your career POP!
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible working hours, fit to your schedule
- Occasional remote working possible, thanks to our adapted technologies
- Pension Fund Contribution
- Elaborate induction training & regular online training tracks
- Modern IT & workspace equipment
- A senior coach helps you grow within the company
- One personal day per month
- Very cool modern office space
- Central location
- Unlimited (very good!) coffee and tea!
- Lunch on Wednesdays
- Happy moments celebrated
- International teambuilding every 1,5 years
- Company closing between Christmas and New Year