Associate Research Director | Travel & Tourism
Manchester, United Kingdom
As Associate Research Director in our Manchester office you will be part of a team of 12 passionate marketers and researchers who are determined to bring the voice of consumers into the heart of our client’s business. Having a focus on Travel & Tourism and through your passion for online market research, you will inspire marketers of companies such as Accor, Emirates, Eurostar and Heathrow Airport.
You will be responsible for a team of quantitative and qualitative researchers and lead on research projects. Being close to our customer and their challenges, you convince them of the added value that Join the Dots / InSites Consulting can bring to their business. At all times, you undertake appropriate action to keep on exceeding customer expectations and delivering a first-class service.
Thanks to your in-depth industry expertise, you are able to build a long-term partnership with your customers, providing them with actionable & advanced marketing recommendations which have an impact on their decision-making & leverage their business.
As part of a team you share your marketing (research) expertise with your colleagues. You act as a source of inspiration and actively develop and support internal knowledge transfer. Moreover, you apply your coaching skills to motivate and guide project teams.
Your main responsibilities:
- An Associate Director will either project manage or project lead research projects, dependent on the size and complexity of the project.
- Leading quantitative, qualitative and/or community projects from proposal/quote to playing an active role in the presentation to the client
- Developing insightful reports based on the analysis that has been made by the research consultants and based on both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Presenting recommendations to customers and animating creative client workshops where, together with the client team, you transform insights and recommendations into a concrete action plan
- Identifying and pursuing business opportunities both with existing accounts as towards new prospects
- Supporting all aspects of team management, including resource availability training needs and staff development
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Proven experience in a market(ing) research role
- Good understanding of the market research industry and research methodologies
- Strong commercial development skills with proven success
- Relevant experience at agency side is definitely an asset but not a necessity
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision & focus
- High level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership and coaching qualities
- Active listening and critical thinking skills
Joining Join the Dots InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So, from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.
Next to our strong team culture, the job comes with some other remarkable perks:
- Bonus plan based on team performance
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (3 days taken during the Christmas period when we are closed)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Season ticket loans
- Access to Perkbox; the lifestyle discount portal
Professional and Personal Development
- A variety of formal and informal, group and individual learning opportunities available
- An annual training programme that includes a wide range of soft and tangible skills that our people need and want
- Budget available for external events, conferences, seminars and online training resources