Research Manager - Consumer Healthcare
Manchester, United Kingdom
InSites Consulting are a market research agency consisting of 17 offices in total, reaching from New York to Sydney. We connect business with the people they’re interested in, putting the voice of the customer at the heart of the businesses we work with. We are a global consumer insight agency with an ambition to be the best in the world at understanding people. To do that we need to be tapped into what’s going on in consumers’ lives around the world, highly attuned to people’s changing needs and behaviours and most importantly, what’s driving that change.
We are a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. We aim high - so from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.
To support our growth, we are looking for someone to join our team as a:
Our UK team of 136 are located in Manchester and London. The Consumer Healthcare team, based in Manchester, consist of 15 researchers whose work centres around quality, innovation and strong relationships. The team has a focus on personal development, collective support and having fun, so by being a part of the team, you can enjoy the work you do while you progress your career further. The Consumer Healthcare team work on a range of projects from online qual and surveys through to innovation sprints and client workshops, and a range of categories from toothpaste to vaccines.
As Research Manager you will report to one of the teams Research Directors (or above). The key role of the Research Manager is to manage quantitative/qualitative/community research projects, with a senior member of the business overseeing the work, along with supervising and delegating to junior staff, where required.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of quantitative, qualitative and/or community projects including proposal writing, set-up, project management, analysis and playing an active role in the presentation to the client.
- Management of client relationships throughout research projects and on an ongoing basis (with minimal input from more senior members of the team) – expected to take a lead role in meetings.
- High levels of interaction with internal colleagues – some of whom will not be based in the Manchester office.
- Some delegation of work to more junior members of the team.
- Nature of work will vary depending on research projects the RM works on
- Preferably (but not essential) Bachelor degree (e.g. Economics, Psychology, Market Research, Commerce)
- A solid marketing knowledge and interest in market research
- Proven background of experience within innovative online market research
- Proficient in English (both oral and written), any other language is an asset
- Adequate skills in various areas of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation tools
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to develop a strategic vision
- Strong interpersonal skills, connects easily with clients and colleagues
- Analytical mind
- Result oriented & proactive
Let’s talk! We look forward to hearing from you.