Research Manager | Finance & Retail
Manchester, United Kingdom
Do you want to join a team of passionate marketers and research innovators who are determined to take research forward every day within the Finance and Retail industry? We help our clients to let go and delegate real power to consumers, the ultimate key to making better marketing decisions and driving business growth. Currently, the team of 13 enthusiasts, based in our Manchester office, get their energy from helping world leading brands to excel in marketing and to develop deeper connections with consumers on a global scale. Our recipe for success: a never-ceasing enthusiasm, a lot of hard work, a culture of sharing, and permanent innovation in research methods and marketing thought leadership. And last but not least: positively surprising our clients every day.
As Research Manager you will report to one of the teams Associate Directors (or above). The key role of the Research Manager is to manage quantitative/qualitative/community research projects, with a senior member of the business overseeing the work, along with supervising and delegating to junior staff, where required.
Your main responsibilities:
- Management of quantitative, qualitative and/or community projects including proposal writing, set-up, project management, analysis and playing an active role in the presentation to the client.
- Management of client relationships throughout research projects and on an ongoing basis (with minimal input from more senior members of the team) – expected to take a lead role in all meetings.
- High levels of interaction with internal colleagues – some of which will not be based in the Manchester office.
- Some delegation of work to more junior members of the team.
- Nature of work will vary depending on research projects the RM works for, but may include:-
- online research (such as U&A studies, concept testing and customer satisfaction tracking).
- online community projects
- research to help improve websites i.e. website research (including qualitative group discussions, accompanied surfing depth interviews and the use of online forums).
- If required, to manage junior researchers (and play a role in recruiting junior researchers).
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Preferably (but not essential) Bachelor degree (e.g. Economics, Psychology, Market Research, Commerce)
- A solid marketing knowledge and interest in market research
- Preferably 3-6 years of experience within innovative online market research
- Being familiar with the Join the Dots InSites Consulting way of working is considered a very strong plus
- Proficient in English (both oral and written), any other language is an asset
- Adequate skills in various areas of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation tools
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to develop a strategic vision
- Strong interpersonal skills, connects easily with clients and colleagues
- Analytical mind
- Result oriented & proactive
- Systematic and organizational orientation
- Creative, humorous & fun to work with 😉
Joining Join the Dots InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So, from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.
Next to our strong team culture, the job comes with some other remarkable perks:
- Bonus plan based on team performance
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (3 days taken during the Christmas period when we are closed)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Season ticket loans
- Access to Perkbox; the lifestyle discount portal
Professional and Personal Development
- A variety of formal and informal, group and individual learning opportunities available
- An annual training programme that includes a wide range of soft and tangible skills that our people need and want
- Budget available for external events, conferences, seminars and online training resources