Research Manager | +5 yrs.
As Research Manager within our Sydney office you will be part of a team of passionate analysts and research consultants who bring the voice of consumers into our client’s board room. You contribute to the commercial development of your clients by managing qualitative and quantitative research projects and sharing insight and vision for how they can improve their business moving forward.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being a skilled qualitative researcher, you are responsible for running research projects from A-Z; from translating client briefings into research objectives, to developing insights through a wide range of techniques and turning consumer findings into impactful reports.
- You oversee several ongoing consumer communities, working with a key client to ensure the communities deliver value. You are eager to step into running focus groups or in-depth interviews when needed. You’ll be skilled at engaging with a broad cross section of consumers and able to tailor your approach depending on the target audience.
- With the support of a Research Director, you work together to transform insights and recommendations into a client focused action plan. You are comfortable presenting the outcomes to the client at a senior level.
- Although initially not a core focus of this role, you also have a basic background in quantitative research skills and techniques. You glean insights and learnings from a set of data tables and translate that into findings that are client friendly.
- At all times, you take appropriate action to delivering first-class client service experience. You contribute to the commercial success of the team by delivering convincing proposals to potential clients and proactively following-up on client contact. You get responsibility to grow your client portfolio.
- As part of a team, you share your expertise with your colleagues. You coach and set a good example for junior research consultants, to help shape and hone their skills.
- Reporting into a Business Director, you are eager to challenge yourself and to grow and develop your skillset.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Marketing or a similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on qualitative research role (agency side). Online qualitative skills are an advantage
- Solid foundation of business development skills and eagerness to grow your skills in this space
- Good understanding of the market research industry and research methodologies
- Fluent in English, verbal as well as written
- Experience working with quantitative data is an advantage
- Entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision & focus
- High level of pro-activity, energy and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to extract and communicate clear actions based on research findings in a stakeholder friendly way
- Ability to think outside the box
- Confident in front of clients
- Active listening and critical thinking skills
- This role is based in Sydney, you must have a relevant visa to work full time in Australia.