Field Manager (temporary position, 6 months)
The prime function of the role is coordinating and organising all aspects of market research product tests held in central locations, mostly in Sydney, but sometimes all over Australia. The duties also encompass providing effective support to the team with regards to office admin and panel maintenance for our online research projects.
Much of our testing involves food and beverages. We find that people who love organising events for anything from 50 to 400 people thrive in this role. In this role, you would be organising sessions of 20-40 consumers over a couple of days to attend product and beverage taste tests. The only thing that is different is that there is a research design built into the event you host! We know the research really well, we need someone to lead our team to make it happen in field for our consumers who tell our clients what products to launch or not to launch!
To be successful, you'll need excellent listening and communication skills, as well as the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book venues to conduct product tests or pick ups
- Source equipment and product to conduct the fieldwork
- Source packaging and tracking labels for in home tests.
- Recruit and roster of casual staff to work at venues or help with preparation at the office
- Check product samples have been delivered in sufficient quantity and in good condition
- Assist the Operations team with the recruitment of participants and answer phone queries
- Set up and lead the field team at venues, brief groups of consumers, ensure food handling standards are met when presenting products to respondents
- Liaise with research and data teams to ensure research designs are followed, quotas are met and field objectives/data are delivered to specs.
- Assist with the execution of online research
- General office admin duties
- Panel management of our in-house research panel
- Project Management of research projects
- Previous experience in a customer service role (retail, hospitality etc.) or equivalent is highly valued
- Proficiency in Outlook and Excel, general IT skills (ability to troubleshoot)
- Strong English communications skills
- To be willing / able to travel domestically and internationally if required
- To be available to work full time from our HQ in Sydney CBD, as well as occasionally during evenings or weekends
- To be physically fit e.g. can lift boxes of up to 25 kg
- Australian working rights
This position is ideally suited to someone looking to step up from an event management, marketing, or hospitality role to a project management one within the marketing field.
- Strong attention to detail
- A can-do attitude, the ability to be decisive, prioritise and lead a team of up to 12 staff
- Excellent communication skills & confident in interactions
- A team focused mentality – we look after each other and work together to make our clients shine
- Able to keep up with project management and deadlines
- Last but not least: fun to work with ;-)!