Service Desk Engineer
YOUR ROLE & CONTEXT
As a Service Desk Engineer you become part of the Technology Hub (part of Asset Management). The Technology Hub is a new team that will help InSites become a stronger and more professional tech company. This also means that we want to invest in optimizing customer support for our proprietary software and tools, mainly the Consumer Consulting Square. The Service Desk Engineer will become the first point of contact for all support related questions about the proprietary and non-proprietary software and tools we use on projects.
The main platform you will be supporting is the Consumer Consulting Square. A ‘Square’ is a closed, online and mobile first community that establishes a long-term relationship between interesting and interested consumers at one hand with a brand and researchers at the other hand. At this moment, we have set-up 400+ Square platforms in 25 languages among 100K unique users.
Next to the Square you will also be our first point of contact for all non-proprietary software we use on projects. Examples are Decipher, Confirmit, Zoom, etc.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- One of your first tasks will be to learn everything about our proprietary and non-proprietary tools, i.e. the Consumer Consulting Square and the Insight Activation Studio
- You participate in multiple agile/scrum meetings to stay up to date about our products, i.e. the Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and refinement meetings
- You will take care of first line service desk tickets
- You escalate tickets you cannot resolve to second line (QA and Developers)
- You keep people informed about the status of their ticket
- Your goal is to have an “empty” service desk, all tickets should be closed as soon as possible
- You create a knowledge base for yourself, your colleagues and our end users
- You propose structural solutions to the Product Team for recurring issues
- In time we expect you to be able to fix certain issues directly in the database
- When needed you assist in other service desks, e.g. our Participant Support Service Desk
- Service desk experience is a plus
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- You are familiar with scrum & other agile practices
- You are familiar with online market research methods & tools
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS) and SQL is a plus
Your key competences
- You have an eye for detail
- You are a technical person; you like to dig into technical challenges independently
- You’re an excellent, proactive communicator
- You're a team player
- You are a true problem solver
- You can empathize with a wide variety of end users and are dedicated to provide a great customer experience
- You’re a fast & eager learner
- Helping colleagues and clients who experience platform issues makes you happy
- You are proud of your work
- Last but not least: you are fun to work with 😉!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at InSites Consulting is working in a cool office where lots of things happen. You’re part of an informal, flat and flexible culture with plenty of chances for personal development and learning opportunities. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So, from time to time we have to let off some steam, that’s why fun is an essential part of our culture!Applyapply later