Business Director & Team Lead FMCG
As Business Director within our FMCG team you will be leading a team of passionate marketers and researchers who are determined to bring the voice of consumers into our client’s board room. Having a focus on FMCG research you will work for cool companies that are leaders globally and locally in their categories. You will be responsible for the commercial development, account and management of top clients and financial health (P&L management) of the team, while being responsible for the content management on running projects.
You develop a sales plan for your team to pursue business and identify promising prospects from contacts, networking, industry directories, conferences, publications … Being close to the customer and their challenges, you help make clear the added value that InSites Consulting mix for the business. At all times, you undertake appropriate action to ensure the team continue to exceed customer expectations and delivering a first class service. You guide the rest of the team in their sales and account efforts.
Thanks to your in-depth industry expertise, you are able to build a long-term partnership with our customers, providing them with actionable & advanced marketing recommendations which have an impact on their decision-making & leverage their business. You develop those insights within a wide range of marketing (research) domains such as conversation management, brand management, customer experience, marketing insights and innovation.
As the team lead, you share your marketing (research) expertise with your colleagues. You act as a source of inspiration and actively develop and support internal knowledge transfer. Moreover, you apply your coaching skills to motivate and guide project teams. Finally, you are responsible, in close collaboration with the Managing Director of the Sydney office, for the P&L management of your team. You actively manage profitability on a project, account as well as a team level.
- Leading and coaching a team of marketing research consultants into a successful future
- Identifying business opportunities and new customers, estimating potential and prioritizing activities vs. opportunities
- Outbound proactive contact and follow-up
- Preparing quarterly and annual forecasts for the development territory served
- Developing & delivering convincing proposals to customers
- Responsible for the complete set−up, organization and execution of market research studies
- Developing insightful reports based on the analysis that has been made by the research consultants and based on different (combined) research techniques such as qualitative discussions, quantitative surveys and ethnographic observations
- Presenting recommendations to customers and leading and animating creative client workshops where, together with the client team, you transform insights and recommendations into a concrete action plan
- Be part of the senior management team of the Sydney office and support the managing director in cross-team decisions
- Master degree in a marketing (research) related branch
- 10+ years’ experience in a strategic market(ing) research role (qualitative and quantitative) with a specific focus on FMCG
- Mix between research expertise, commercial flair, financial management and team leadership are a must
- Strong business development skills with proven success
- Good understanding of the market research industry and research methodologies
- Team lead experience
- Experience with P&L management of a team and/or office
- Relevant experience at agency side is an asset
- International experience is a plus
- Fluent in English, verbal as well as written
Key competences & interests
- Entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision & focus
- High level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership and coaching qualities
- Active listening and critical thinking skills