Research Director - Technology & Services
As Research Director in our Rotterdam office you will be part of a team of 25 passionate marketers and researchers who are determined to bring the voice of consumers into the heart of our clients’ businesses. Having a focus on Technology & Services and through your passion for online market research, you will inspire marketers of cool companies such as Philips, Shimano, Essent, G-star RAW, Dorel and Arçelik.
You will be co-responsible for the commercial development of the Technology & Services industries. Being close to the customer and his challenges, you convince him of the added value that InSites Consulting can bring to his business. At all times, you undertake appropriate action to keep on exceeding customer expectations and delivering a first-class service.
Thanks to your in-depth industry expertise, you are able to build a long-term partnership with your customers, providing them with actionable & advanced marketing recommendations which have an impact on their decision-making & leverage their business.
As part of a team you share your marketing (research) expertise with your colleagues. You act as a source of inspiration and actively develop and support internal knowledge transfer. Moreover, you apply your coaching skills to motivate and guide project teams
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the complete set−up, organization and execution of market research studies
- Translate a business problem into concrete and actionable research designs and methods
- Developing insightful reports based on the analysis that has been made by the research consultants and based on both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Presenting recommendations to customers and animating creative client workshops where, together with the client team, you transform insights and recommendations into a concrete action plan
- Identifying and pursuing business opportunities both with existing accounts as towards new prospects
- Developing & delivering convincing proposals to customers
- Responsible for an existing portfolio of accounts, as well as developing existing accounts further
- Master’s degree in a marketing (research) related branch
- 7+ years’ experience in a market(ing) research role, preferably in the Technology & Services sector
- Solid understanding of the market research industry and research methodologies
- Strong commercial development skills with proven success – both in account development as well as attracting new business
- Strong client network in the Dutch market is an asset
- Fluent in English, verbal as well as written. Dutch or any other language is an asset
- Relevant experience at agency side is a prerequisite
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial and market-driven spirit with strategic vision & focus
- High level of pro-activity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership and coaching qualities
- Active listening and critical thinking skills
Joining InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.